Welcome to our Accessibility and Sustainability page, where we are committed to making a positive impact by implementing a series of steps to ensure both accessibility and sustainability. Scroll down to explore the measures we have put in place to create a more inclusive and environmentally responsible environment.

The Festival is accessible to all... 

We are committed to making this event accessible to everyone - here are some examples of what this means in practice:

  • Olympia is fully accessible to wheelchair users. 
  • We ask all our attendees if they have any additional requirements as part of the registration process and make every effort to accommodate these.
  • There are hearing loops on all the content stages for anyone who is hard of hearing.

Click here to find more information on how Olympia is accessible as a venue. 


The CIPD Festival of Work pushes for sustainability... 

We are working with the venue and all of our suppliers to reduce the environmental impact and increase the positive social and economic contribution of this event. Here are some of the things we are doing:

  • Our venue, London Olympia ensures that 100% of its waste output is diverted from landfill. 98% of it is recycled and the remaining 2% being recovered as waste for energy.
  • Our central London location is easy to reach by public transport.
  • Our procurement process requires our suppliers to demonstrate the steps they are taking to make their own operations sustainable. 
  • London Olympia has signed up to WRAP’s “Guardians of Grub” project to minimise food waste and ensure any surplus goes to those in need.
  • We provide water refill stations so that you can refill water bottles rather than rely on disposable packaging. 
  • You’ll receive a discount on your coffee if you bring your own cup - but if you don’t, our cups are fully compostable.
  • Your badge is made of paper (FSC certified) and no plastic badge wallets are used.
  • Our lanyards are made from recycled plastic water bottles.
  • All of our signage is recycled by specialist waste management companies.
  • We are working with sponsors and exhibitors to minimise materials they dispose of whilst at the conference.
  • We ensure that the carpet, signage, lanyards and paper used at the event are made from recycled materials and it is recycled or reused at the end of the event.
  • We have reduced the amount of printed materials which we provide to attendees by switching to digital.