Stream two | In with the new
Embracing new ways of working
How do we replace outdated people strategies with new approaches that are effective for the current and future workforce? What priority areas do we need to focus on to ensure our people are best supported and empowered?
All times given are in BST.
Responsible business - what's its new meaning in practice?
- how the purpose of business is evolving in light of current global challenges
- ensuring considerations of social and environmental impact are balanced against those of financial gain
- overcoming the real-life trade-offs and dilemmas that hold many companies back
Post-covid and beyond - exploring the next phase of strategic workforce planning
- implementing inclusion and diversity values and principles into your workforce planning strategy
- improving organisational abilities to quickly retrain, cross-train and redeploy your people where necessary
- how to ensure businesses have the necessary strategies and technologies in place to support a hybrid workforce
Session sponsored by MHR
Being part of the next generation of revolutionising leaders - How to steer with a global impact
- why leaders need corporate diplomacy skills now in the 'new normal'
- the costs of ignorance: examples of leaders losing international influence
- how to build global mindsets in your leaders and wider organisation
Agility and adaptability – nurturing the leaders of our future
- What qualities will the next generation of revolutionising leaders have?
- What businesses, HR and L&D can do to promote social mobility and develop young leaders
- How do we facilitate equal opportunities for aspiring leaders?
Keeping up with shifting engagement trends for enhanced employee experience
- identifying and owning your EE USP: differentiating your employee experience to attract talent
- understanding how people's engagement needs are evolving and what you can do to meet them
- Inventing new ways to inspire and engage your people to maintain a productive workforce
Asia Perspectives: What does an effective post-pandemic wellbeing initiative look like in practice?
- What key learnings has the pandemic taught us in relation to wellbeing strategies and what changes need to be implemented?
- What aspects of our people's health and wellbeing should be prioritised in the immediate future upon return to work?
- How should diversity and inclusion principles feed into our wellbeing initiatives?
See the other streams for more sessions in the Asia segment. All conference delegates are welcome to attend.
Life in a Hybrid Working Model: the best of both worlds for people and technology
- how the past year of forced remote working has broken down traditional working barriers for the better
- what developments in technology will become synonymous with the new era of work?
- what skills do humans need to work alongside technology in order to enhance the quality of working life?
Allyship and acceptance - ensuring everyone can be their full selves at work
- what can leaders and colleagues do day-to-day to empower people from underrepresented groups
- why allies need to be comfortable with calling out behaviour that is not congruent with inclusion-based values
- what a culture of acceptance really looks like and the invaluable role allies play in nurturing it
The Board Level Conversation: what will corporate governance look like in our new economic landscape?
- seizing the opportunity to make ethnic diversity and inclusion principles a priority
- digitalisation and brand: rethinking how your business is perceived online
- navigating the impact of Brexit on talent and business partnerships
Conquering presenteeism and stress for the New Agile work/life balance
- what the latest research findings in mental health reveal about the support we need to provide to our people
- getting attuned with your own wellbeing needs to maintain a balanced approach to new working life
- where technology can help us avoid work related mental health issues
Plenary Panel Discussion: Responsible leadership during a pandemic - Building and sustaining trust in times of uncertainty
- How have approaches to leading businesses and people evolved during the pandemic?
- What can leaders do to ensure they are maintaining a principles-led and responsible business mindset amidst uncertainty?
- What are the key lessons for leaders to take away from this time?
Fighting fit - the legacy of a pandemic in relation to mental health and wellbeing
- how has the pandemic changed the way we think about and handle wellbeing and mental health in the workplace?
- what are the new considerations for workplace design that can best meet our post-covid health needs?
- what are the best methods for managing work related psychosocial and mental health risks?
How to reward people when demands are high and budgets are tight
- resetting reward strategies so that they are inclusive of all job roles and people
- how to think outside of the box when it comes to meeting people's recognition needs
- will purpose ever outshine the want for monetary reward?
Growing back better - steps on how to reinvent your recruitment and talent mobility approaches during a recovering economy
- adapting to economic and workforce mobility restrictions
- how can we be more imaginative with our recruitment strategies?
- should we be prioritising transferrable skills and potential?
Preserving purpose in the chaos - the unfaltering importance of meaning and purpose at work
**PLEASE NOTE: this session will not be available on-demand. Please join at 13:15 on 17 June to view the session.**
- why people increasingly want to work for businesses that are making a genuinely positive impact on the world and environment
- how the pandemic has emphasised the importance of supporting the planet, communities and giving back
- how can you find purpose in what you do at an individual level?