Stream one | Are you ready for revolution?
Changing the DNA of your organisation
How can business leaders and senior HR professionals collaborate in the redesigning of how organisations are governed and led? What does a responsible business culture of the future look like, and how do we get there?
All times given are in BST.
Responsible business - what's its new meaning in practice?
- how the purpose of business is evolving in light of current global challenges
- ensuring considerations of social and environmental impact are balanced against those of financial gain
- overcoming the real-life trade-offs and dilemmas that hold many companies back
The end of command and control? – What does a high quality working culture look like?
- can hierarchy exist in the digital workplace?
- assessing the pros and cons of new collaborative organisational models
- what can traditional organisations do to become more future-ready?
Being part of the next generation of revolutionising leaders - how to steer with a global impact
- why leaders need corporate diplomacy skills now in the 'new normal'
- the costs of ignorance: examples of leaders losing international influence
- how to build global mindsets in your leaders and wider organisation
Agility and adaptability – nurturing the leaders of our future
- What qualities will the next generation of revolutionising leaders have?
- What businesses, HR and L&D can do to promote social mobility and develop young leaders
- How do we facilitate equal opportunities for aspiring leaders?
Pandemic perspective - how did the 2020 'reset button' create new opportunities for HR and business leaders?
- encouraging experimentation, innovation, and learn-fast behaviours and collaboration
- identifying new ways to embrace technology
- developing relationship management, risk management, influencing and judgement skills for solving human and business challenges
Session sponsored by Sage
Asia Perspectives: Why becoming an agile organisation leads to higher levels of productivity
- What are the characteristics and benefits of an agile organisation?
- How do you adopt an agile approach to running your business?
- What is the link between agile methodology and high productivity?
See the other streams for more sessions in the Asia segment. All conference delegates are welcome to attend.
Life in a Hybrid Working Model: the best of both worlds for people and technology
- how the past year of forced remote working has broken down traditional working barriers for the better
- what developments in technology will become synonymous with the new era of work?
- what skills do humans need to work alongside technology in order to enhance the quality of working life?
Organisation driven cooperation - from individualism to a team of teams
- developing a unifying strategy and vision for collaborative working
- exploring the benefits of non-traditional organisational structures in relation to culture and productivity
- lessons learned and practical advice around how to implement and empower a more collaborative working approach
The Board Level Conversation: what will corporate governance look like in our new economic landscape?
- seizing the opportunity to make ethnic and socio-economic diversity and inclusion principles a priority
- digitalisation and brand: rethinking how your business is perceived online
- navigating the impact of Brexit on talent and business partnerships
Panel discussion: The end of 9-5? Modernising traditional working arrangements for a more productive and inclusive workforce
- retaining the flexibility that people gained over the course of the lockdown to maintain engagement and productivity
- overcoming remote working constraints such as trust, social cohesion, and information sharing
- finding innovative ways for business and HR leaders to motivate colleagues and support their wellbeing in a remote/hybrid working setup.
Session sponsored by: The Open University
Plenary Panel Discussion: Responsible leadership during a pandemic - Building and sustaining trust in times of uncertainty
- How have approaches to leading businesses and people evolved during the pandemic?
- What can leaders do to ensure they are maintaining a principles-led and responsible business mindset amidst uncertainty?
- What are the key lessons for leaders to take away from this time?
Fighting fit - the legacy of a pandemic in relation to mental health and wellbeing
- how has the pandemic changed the way we think about and handle wellbeing and mental health in the workplace?
- what are the new considerations for workplace design that can best meet our post-covid health needs?
- what are the best methods for managing work related psychosocial and mental health risks?
Will AI really be taking so many jobs? Why human judgement will keep us in work
- exploring the forecasts around the impact of AI on jobs
- why judgement will remain one of the comparative advantages of humans and what that means in practice for organisations and individuals
- how can business and HR leaders develop, nurture, and safeguard human judgement at work
Foreseeing success with OD&D - prioritising a culture of inclusion and purpose for organisational growth strategies
- implementing a 'building better' approach into your OD&D strategies
- building more future-ready and sustainable businesses
- assessing how your working culture can be more attuned to your people's needs for inclusion and purpose
Preserving purpose in the chaos - the unfaltering importance of meaning and purpose at work
**PLEASE NOTE: this session will not be available on-demand. Please join at 13:15 on 17 June to view the session.**
- why people increasingly want to work for businesses that are making a genuinely positive impact on the world and environment
- how the pandemic has emphasised the importance of supporting the planet, communities and giving back
- how can you find purpose in what you do at an individual level?