Never attended a virtual event before and don’t know what to expect? No worries. Much like a live event, preparing for the virtual CIPD Festival of Work now will help you to get the most from your experience.
Here are our top tips on how you can prepare now to help save you time during the event.
- Clear some time in your diary to create a little head-space. Be realistic about your workload and consider switching off your emails to avoid many distractions.
- Choose an environment in your home that helps you to relax and focus.
- Set and write down the three goals you want to achieve to help you stay on track.
- Attending the conference? Explore the conference programme and choose the sessions you want to attend live. Don’t forget, you’ll be able to view the remaining sessions on-demand at a time that works for you.
- Familiarise yourself with the key product and service providers on-hand to give you the latest advice and solutions that will help you navigate your organisation through these challenging times.
- Take your pick of the free learning sessions available in the exhibition hall to attend, covering a broad range of topics from the likes of CIPD, Core HR, Perkbox, The Open University, Webonboarding, Workday and more.
- Set some time aside to relax and recharge during a busy day of learning. Our Wellbeing Hub includes online exercise classes by ClassPass, desk stretches and ergonomics by Essential Vitality and a wildlife webcam by The Wildlife Trusts.
- Meet your fellow festival-goers and join the conversation by using the hashtag #FestivalofWork. You’ll be able to take advantage of our online networking facilities to build relationships and create new ones across the three days.
- Finally, rise and shine. Grab your favourite breakfast and log in to access the virtual festival from 09:00 each day.