The world of work is being revolutionised by technology and innovation. Artificial intelligence is now capable of learning autonomously and perform tasks that were once the sole dominion of humans. In the future, people won’t be needed to perform the same tasks as today – the role of humans at work will inevitably and drastically change.
We believe that it is time to stop agonising about AI and robots taking over people’s jobs. For every job that will be made redundant by machines, a new one will be created for humans to work more closely with technology. Human-machine integration now offers the opportunity to augment human potential and turn our grandest dreams into reality. Humans will still be central in the future of work!
This future, however, comes with a fresh set of challenges for people and organisations. We need to be able to reskill ourselves and our employees to be able to step up and work alongside technology. We need to rethink how we lead organisations, manage people and how we embrace technology and innovation to increase business success while also creating a better society for all.
These are the pillars of the CIPD Festival Work – bringing together three shows and six content streams under the same roof to tackle the biggest issues in the world of work. A conference pass will give you access to all shows and content streams, over 50 sessions and 130 top speakers from all industries and sectors, to guide you through the challenges and opportunities of the new and disrupted world of work.
Choose the specific streams that are tailored around your needs, or move between them to make your own bespoke path across the sessions. Explore, engage, enjoy and learn what the future of work is really about – the people.
The three shows making up the Festival of Work
The Future of Work Show
How do we lead organisations, manage, engage and motivate people in a technology disrupted world of work?
- Content Stream 1 – Future of Leadership & Business Management
From delving into the workplace of the future to discussing new business models and customer expectations in the digital markets, this steam has been designed around the needs of the most senior and strategic organisation leaders who are leading their businesses through innovation and technological disruption.
- Content Stream 2 – Future of People Management & Organisation Development
From the importance of wellbeing and inclusion to the practicalities of organisational change and new organisation structures, this stream has been designed for leaders, managers and people professionals who want to engage, motivate, reward and cherish the most important future asset within our businesses – the people within them.
The HR Technology Show (formerly HR Software & Recruitment Show)
How do we use technology and digital innovation as a catalyst to benefit of people and organisations?
- Content Stream 3 – Future of HR Technology and Digital Working (sponsored by Workday)
From selecting and implementing new people management software and leveraging data analytics to discovering the implications of wearables and the internet of things at work, this stream has been designed to support HR, technology and business system teams who want to make the most of new tech and take their organisations into the future.
The Learning & Development Show
How do we equip our workforce with the skills and capabilities to succeed in the future of work?
- Content Stream 4 – Future of Learning Technology & Digital Learning
From leveraging artificial intelligence, data and mobile apps in learning to deep-diving into the applications of immersive learning, smart devices and tech-enabled learning cultures, this stream has been designed for L&D professionals and learning enthusiasts who want to discover how to maximise learning design, delivery and outcomes through the latest tech.
- Content Stream 5 – Future Talent, Skills & Capabilities
From reskilling employees, supporting managers and maximising leadership development to enhancing the effectiveness of our employer brand, recruitment and onboarding strategies, this stream has been designed around the needs of L&D professionals, recruiters and hiring managers who want to develop and attract the talent our organisations need to succeed.
- Content Stream 6 – Future Learning Strategy for Business Success
From enhancing your learning strategy, L&D brand and future-proofing your learning teams to adopting gamification, learner-centred design and insights from neuroscience, this stream has been designed for L&D leaders who want to drive future business success, and L&D practitioners who want to take their learning design and delivery into the future.
View announced speakers
Some of the 50+ session titles at the Festival of Work to give you a flavour of what’s to come. The full programme will be announced in January 2019.
- The Implications of the Gig Economy – managing the new relation between employer and employee
- Unlocking Creativity and Adaptability – how diversity and inclusion will drive your business through technological disruption
- Wellbeing and Mental Health in a Digital Workplace – reducing digital stress for a more productive workforce
- Exploring the Future Workplace – the applications of AI in office environments and how it changes the way we work
- Finding the Right Technology Fit – how to effectively navigate the HR technology landscape
- Wearables in the Workplace – the implications of collecting and using employee health data
- The New AI Coach – experience how chatbots will help humans deliver better coaching
- Artificial Intelligence in Learning – how AI will change everything
- Immersive Learning – exploring the possibilities of simulations in learning
- The Power of a Strong L&D Brand – enhance the profile of your work to increase learner engagement
Buy a conference pass
The CIPD’s Festival of Work (12-13 June 2019, Olympia London, www.festivalofwork.com) promises to be a landmark event for both people professionals and business leaders. By focusing on the most innovative strategies in management, technology and learning, the festival will help you, and 7,000 of your colleagues, to harness the latest transformations and drive a human future of work. With 7,000+ attendees, 130+ inspiring speakers, filled with inspirational live experiences and challenging ideas, it’s the ultimate celebration of people in the workplace.
To submit a blog for consideration please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on sponsorship, exhibition or partnership opportunities contact +44 (0)208 267 3201 or email email@example.com